"We are not a government agency - you matter to us."
Thank you for coming to us in your hour of need. We hold precious this opportunity to partner with you in helping to stabilize your situation. Because we are a church, and neither a private- nor government-funded social service organization, we would like for you to be aware that we do have service parameters in place that we use in determining whether or not we can assist you. Please understand, filling out an application with us is not a contract for services, and no guarantee of assistance is implied.
Do you need help? Prayer? Assistance with your rent, utilities, or basic needs like food and clothing? You have come to a good place. NW Hope-Net represents a collaborative network of churches throughout the Pacific NW region. Each of these churches seek to be places of refuge, hope, and light in an often dark and pain-filled world. Many times - though not always - churches can lend a helping hand with physical and materials needs. This is not the Church's primary call, but it is a part of what Christian compassion looks like.
The mission of NW Hope-Net is to help churches help their communities by assisting in the screening and referral process. Our job is to help connect people to the most effective resources available to them in their local community, while also helping churches to identify how best to connect with those in need in their own neighborhoods. Regardless of your religious beliefs, the staff at NW Hope-Net is committed to assisting you in finding the best referrals for your needs, and to do so with respect, compassion, and understanding. We look forward to serving you! Please see our contact page for phone numbers and hours of operation. Bless you!
"We offer so much more than just money."
"We do our best to be good stewards of the funds entrusted to us by our congregants."
In the interest of “Helping Others Through Hope” we do have a small “benevolence” fund. People who attend our congregation - people with lives, and jobs, and families just like yours - have lovingly donated their own money to this fund and we view it as God’s money; not ours. Therefore we are pretty serious about not giving that money away unwisely, but with benevolent discernment.
"Who is NW Hope-Net? We serve the Pacific NW; we are purveyors of HOPE; we are a NETwork ... we are
What Most Churches Want You to Know:
Area Churches: "We may help you, and this is how we'll do it:"
- We will encourage your walk with God. That’s the main reason we exist. We would love to help you come to know Jesus as your Savior and come to walk in God’s ways.
- We will treat you with dignity and respect; and we expect the same from you. Therefore drunkenness, obvious drug use, abusive or aggressive language/actions will not be tolerated.
- We do not say “yes” without prayerful evaluation that includes asking you to fill out a request form and giving us permission to verify the information you have provided. This process takes at least 48 hours.
- Because of limited funds and the great needs represented in all of our neighborhoods we will usually not help a family more than once or twice a year.
- God has placed our church in THIS community. There are churches in other communities who minister to those in their area. Therefore we can only help people living in our immediate vicinity. Photo ID will most often be required to process your request.
- We will check with other area churches and organizations that may also have helped you. If we choose to help you, we will notify other churches of the help given.
"NW Hope-Net helps us maximize our staff resources by doing some of the screening for us."
In many cases, your application will be screened by a NW Hope-Net staff member rather than one of ours. You can expect to receive a call from them within approximately 12-24 hours after your initial inquiry. After their screening process, and per their recommendation, our church will make a determination as to how and if we may help you.
To apply for assistance, please fill out the attached form, Save As to your desktop and E-mail as an attachment to: email@example.com.